The Vidalia Onion Committee wanted to educate consumers on the seasonality and versatility of Vidalia Onions. In addition, they were also looking to expand their marketing budget.
We created “Flavors of Summer”, a seasonal campaign for the produce department that included a campaign micro website, POS materials, trade and consumer PR and advertising, as well as a variety of social media events including outreach to food bloggers.
To expand the budget, national brands participated in the promotion including Johnsonville Italian Sausage, Gourmet Garden, Avocadoes from Mexico, the National Mango Board and more.
1. A total of 28 retailers participation in the promotion
2. Campaign numbers:
1. 86,000 unique visitors to the campaign web site
2. 156 media placements reaching 1.7 million in circulation
3. 272 online placements reaching 14 million total audience
4. Social media events reaching a combined audience of 7.7 million impressions with over 10,000 tweets